International Ross Mackay
Group Head of Global Shared Service and Finance Optimisation
Workshop Day: Tuesday, 11th June 2019
Tuesday, June 11th, 2019
International SOS is constantly acquiring new companies- meaning new systems, new process and new people need to be onboarded all the time. Not only this, but Ross is dealing with added complexity in a Global Shared Services environment.
This all means the impact of his people are immense. Ross really believes that people are the core of his Shared Services. But how does he work with global cultures? How does he work with new employees all the time? How does he empower and lead his employees in a time of constant change? Ross shares his perspective on people and how he believes they are the centre of creating a quality and stable shared services.
- Working with and integrating new systems and new cultures into existing ones
- Multi skilling and creating careers in shared services to keep your people
- Taking your people along with you in your vision to help them be comfortable with change and even become champions of change
Conference Day Two: Thursday, 13th june 2019
Thursday, June 13th, 2019
2:30 PM INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE: Comparing the Advantage of End to End Processes in Finance for Optimal Process Flow
Ross has in previous experiences mostly worked in a siloed function within finance. However his role at International SOS opens up an entirely new opportunity, whereby he is responsible for end to end finance processes. Ross discusses the differences between working within a siloed function and working holistically with end to end processes. This session explores:
- Comparing the experience of managing financial processes in a silo vs end to end processes
- Working holistically and ensuring other processes and customers are not being impacted negatively to create more efficient processes
- Exploring how to restructure your people and shared services to work with end to end processes