Deputy Director, Quality and Service Improvement
University of Canberraa
This session focuses on getting the transformation right from the beginning by taking the time necessary to understand team members’ goals and how they can align to the goals of the organisation.
It will highlight the design and planned transition to a new shared services model that enhances people capability and internal connectivity, supporting a path to a more automated and client-focused environment.
Through reviewing the University’s journey so far, this session will explore:
- How the work of finance is changing, and how this impacts service delivery models
- Skills our people will need to build into the future
- The design process for developing a new shared services model
Continuous Improvement is an integral part of the SSC/GBS journey and as your center grows CI becomes harder and harder to achieve. This workshop discusses the following:
- Using Lean to save $$ on your back office processes
- Creating ongoing efficiencies and productivity within your center
- Building a continuous improvement culture
- Setting KPIs that drive continuous improvement
- What tools should you have in your CI toolkit?
- How do you get a mandate to tackle end-toend process, what does the business case look like?
- Incorporating CI teams within a shared services function