SSON’S Annual State of APAC Shared Services Report 2017: Back to Basics: How are shared services across the APAC region meeting service fundamentals in the digital age?
In this case study, Julie Williams, Former Head of People Services at Australia Post, shares how Australia Post is transforming their shared services function to become customer-led and the tools and strategies other government organisations can employ to embed speed, agility and innovation to evolve their shared services to become more strategic, efficient and customer-centric.
This interactive workbook analyses the results from ANZ respondents who participated in the 2018 State of Shared Services and Outsourcing Industry survey to examine the latest trends in ANZ Shared Services Centres (SSCs).
- ANZ has one of the highest percentage of SSCs supporting in-country or regional customers (77% total).
- 62% of the respondents are planning to or are in the midst of shifting from transactional towards knowledge work. Intelligent Automation is the greatest enabler driving this shift.
- Nearly a third of the respondents have entered the testing phase for IA tools and more than 30% have some element of AI included in their testing.
- 50% of respondents agree that driving cultural change is seen as essential when embracing Digital Disruption.
- Identifying/creating critical corporate data assets is the most popular data analytics strategy.
- To drive innovation, SSCs should take the lead in identifying opportunities to improve processes - streamline, automate and eliminate.
Redefining Skills and Capabilities for the Digital Evolution of Shared Services - From Transactional to Value Add
As Shared Services become more tech-enabled and move up the value curve, traditional core skillsets need to evolve, and leaders need to consider how to enrich their workforce to be more innovative and collaborative
A Case Study with Western Sydney University: Driving cost savings and operational efficiency through a collaborative approach to Shared Services
In this case study, Peter Tow Director, Project Management Office, Finance and Resources at Western Sydney University shares what other organisations can learn from his team’s shared services journey to date, including how to:
- Create a strategy for organisation wide transformation: Setting up Shared Services
- Deliver the transformation program comprising of different streams and business functions
- Achieve stakeholder buy-in and building engagement through co-design and collaboration
- Position culture as a key component and objective of the program
Ahead of the 21st Annual Australasian Shared Services and Outsourcing Week 2018, SSON takes a look at how two organisations - Lumino the Dentists and Suncorp - are utilising data to drive business value.