The SSOW Road Trip: Tuesday, 11th June 2019
Join us on the SSOW road trip to two shared service centres and one regional onshore centre to see how these centres operate and understand the innovation and culture driving them.
SITE TOUR A
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Exclusive Site Tour for the First 15 People Only! Exploring Telstra’s Innovation Lab: What Your Shared Services Could Give Back to Your Client
This site tour takes you to Telstra’s Innovation Lab in Melbourne. They will show you through the brand new space, as well as run a workshop on site that will:
- Explore how Tesla's next generation working environment encourages innovation and embeds innovation into the business at large
- Understand the different components that are part of the innovation lab and how to gain executive buy in to build a new space
- Specify how shared services can transform into an innovation hub for new product development, talent and revenue generation innovation expert and how they might be able to become a innovation lab themselves!
SITE TOUR B
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Tango Energy Site Tour: Setting Up an Onshore Shared Service or Back Office in Regional Australia- the Do’s and Don’ts of Onshoring
This site tour takes you to a shared service set up in Geelong, regional Australia. There are many benefits to setting up your shared services locally, as you receive more control and a higher quality service than an offshore provider. However there are even greater benefits to onshoring regionally, as there are increased cost savings that can be obtained. This site tour explores:
- Setting up a shared service regionally, including overcoming common challenges around stake holder buy in, operating model, cost structure and billing your client and resourcing
- Discussing the best practice when operating regionally in Australia and reporting around the country